Interested in Teaching?
If you would like to share your gifts and teach a class, please review the contract below. Please contact us on what you would like more information.
- All teachers are subject to the direction of the Class Coordinator and Leadership Team at AHRC.
- Teachers must abide by all AHRC policies and procedures as outlined in the AHRC Handbook..
- Teachers must NOT teach anything that would be in direct conflict with the AHRC Statement of Faith.
- Teachers must notify Class Coordinator two weeks prior to the start of classes if unforeseen circumstances arise to prevent them from teaching their class.
- Teachers must commit to teaching the entire session or duration of their classes, as per their application.
- Teachers will work professionally and to the best of their abilities to teach their students as efficiently as possible, being prepared and adhering to the responsibilities required of their class.
- Teachers will communicate consistently with the Class Coordinator and stay informed about meetings and Center events.
- Teachers will communicate consistently with families and students.
- Teachers will come to all mandatory teacher meetings (one before each semester) and preview nights as required.
- Teachers agree to do a background check prior to teaching, paid for at their expense.
- Teachers agree not to discriminate against any child on the basis of race, gender, or age.
- Teacher is permitted one class cancellation per term due to extenuating circumstances. If a second class needs to be cancelled, the teacher agrees to offer a make-up class. If three or more classes needs to be cancelled, the teacher agrees to refund all students the class fees for each of the cancelled classes. Scheduling a substitute teacher is appreciated for the first cancelled class, however is not a sufficient replacement for subsequent cancelled classes.
- The Resource Center does not hire teachers, rather it provides a space for teachers to share their gifts and knowledge. Teachers set the perimeters and fees for their classes.